Wednesday 17 December 2014

My Corner-table



My Corner-table
By George Amadi

Five lean years down the line,
My big appetite remains fine;
Edikaiko, tasty vegetable soup,
Delicacy from South-south zone,
Holed up in Ofe Owere group,
As delicious as a ‘biscuit’ bone,
Could cost an arm and a leg!

Hard to see, let alone impress,
Busy Mama Cash guys ticks off;
She, life eatery-owner, waitress,
Bus-boy, never takes a day off.

Served well at my corner-table,
Where stands an electric fan,
I hear Jim Rex Lawson fabled
Highlife songs out of MP3 pan;
Dishes, all sorts I see, are with
Rice, moi-moi, dodo, stock-fish,
Tilapia, kpomo, salad stacked.

Every meal served, two water
Sachets to each of “The Boys”
Go, while the bottled variety
Stays saved for “The Big Boys”.

Lagos, Nov. 16, 2014





No comments: